Docklands Stadium, Melbourne details, Capacity, Pitch Report, Records, Stats, Owner, Operator, Tenants, Ground facts and figures.
The Docklands Stadium, Melbourne is a leading cricket stadium of Australia. It has hosted only ODI formats of international cricket matches since 2000. Docklands Stadium, as of now known as Marvel Stadium for sponsorship reasons, is a multi-reason arena in Melbourne, Victoria, situated in Harbour Esplanade, Docklands. The stadium features a retractable roof and the ground level seating can be converted from oval to rectangular configuration.
Docklands Stadium Information:
|Known as:||Marvel Stadium, Etihad Stadium, Colonial Stadium, Telstra Dome, The Dome|
|Phone:||+61 (0) 3 8625 7700|
|Location:||Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Melbourne|
12,000 to 70,000
|Owner:||Australian Football League|
|Operator:||Australian Football League|
|Ends Name:||Lockett End, Coventry End|
|Field Size:||170.0m long, 140.0m wide|
|Home Teams:||Melbourne Renegades (BBL)
Essendon Football Club (AFL)
St Kilda Football Club (AFL)
Western Bulldogs (AFL)
North Melbourne Football Club (AFL)
Carlton Football Club (AFL)
Melbourne Storm (NRL)
Melbourne Victory FC (A-League)
|Others Sports:||Australian Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer|
|Time Zone:||UTC +11:00|
|Construction Cost:||A$460 million|
|Architect:||Populous in association with Daryl Jackson|
The arena is basically utilized for Australian rules football and was initially worked as a substitution for Waverley Park. Offices at the area act as the headquarters of the Australian Football League (AFL) which, since 7 October 2016, has had elite ownership for venue. With a limit with respect to 53,000 onlookers for sports, the arena is the second-biggest in Melbourne and has facilitated various other games including domestic Twenty20 cricket matches, Melbourne Victory soccer home matches, rugby association and rugby association matches as well as unique occasions and shows. Seven Network’s computerized broadcast place is additionally settled at the area.
Docklands Stadium Pitch Report:
The pitch at Docklands Stadium, Melbourne is Drop-in type. Generally, this pitch is helpful for batting in Australia and offering little assistance to bowlers in second innings.
Ground Facts and Figures:
- Capacity: 48,000
- Floodlights: Yes
- The Docklands Stadium is the home ground of Melbourne Renegades team in Big Bash League.
- The ground is situated in the Docklands, Melbourne.
- Modern facilities for the media are also provided.
- The stadium features a retractable roof and the ground level seating can be converted from oval to rectangular configuration.
- The stadium can be extended up to 48,000 seats for rectangular sports.
- The oval dimensions were originally 170m x 140m.
International Cricket Information:
- First ODI Match: 16 August 2000 – Australia vs South Africa
- Last ODI Match: 3 February 2006 – Australia vs South Africa
Docklands Stadium Records:
|High Score||114||Steve Waugh||Australia|
|Most Runs||451||Adam Gilchrist||Australia|
|Most Wickets||25||Brett Lee||Australia|
|Best Bowling||5||Brett Lee||Australia|
Docklands Stadium Stats:
- Total matches: 12
- Matches won batting first: 8
- Matches won bowling first: 3
- 1st innings Average scores: 253
- 2nd innings Average scores: 198
- Highest total recorded: 328/4 (50 Overs) by Australia vs ICC World XI
- Lowest total recorded: 137/10 (27.5 Overs) by ICC World XI vs Australia
- Highest Score chased: 247/6 (49.4 Overs) by New Zealand vs Australia
- Lowest Score defended: 206/7 (50 Overs) by South Africa vs Australia