Sports Ticket: Mainz vs Liverpool Pre-season Friendly Live Match | Live Football Match Online | Sky Sports Live | MAI vs LIV Live Today Match Online
Liverpool are expected to feature a much weaker side than Mainz on Friday, which makes the latter the favorite to win this game.
We predict that Mainz will win this clash comfortably.
Mainz vs Liverpool Preview:
It was Klopp who put Mainz on the footballing map when their former player took them up to the Bundesliga for the first time in 2004. He also set a trend for coaches who previously worked or played at the club, with Thomas Tuchel just another one of Svensson’s illustrious predecessors. The Dane has only been in the job since January but already has his place in 05ers’ folklore secured after he saved them from seemingly certain relegation with the best Rückrunde in the team’s top-flight history. In fact, it was Klopp who signed Svensson as a player in 2007 and the current Liverpool manager recently lavished praise on the incumbent at the Mewa Arena.
This is Mainz’s third pre-season friendly of the summer, after 11-0 and 2-1 wins over Planig and Würzburger Kickers respectively. Both line-ups have been close to what many would consider the 05ers’ likely team come their opening Bundesliga game against RB Leipzig on 15 August – expect to see the same again at the Greisbergers Betten-Arena in Grödig, Austria.
Klopp spent seven years as a coach at Mainz before another stint of the same length at Borussia Dortmund, where he won two Bundesliga titles. The 54-year-old has been in charge on Merseyside since October 2015 and guided Liverpool to a first league title in three decades. He and his squad are in Austria as they prepare for the 2021/22 campaign, beginning pre-season earlier in the week with two 1-1 draws over 30 minutes each against VfB Stuttgart and Wacker Innsbruck.
The Liverpool squad is smattered with former Bundesliga players, including Loris Karius (also previously of Mainz), Ibrahima Konate, Joel Matip, Naby Keita, Thiago, Xherdan Shaqiri, Roberto Firmino and Divock Origi. Missing from the travelling party are players who were in action for their countries over the summer, such as goalkeeper Alisson and captain Jordan Henderson.
How to live stream Mainz vs Liverpool online:
- UK: bwin
- US: FuboTV
- Spain: Movistar+
DAZN is streaming Sevilla vs Las Palmas in the Club Friendlies live for account holders. Those without an account already can take advantage of their 30-day free trial* by signing up through the above link relevant to your region.
Where to watch Mainz vs Liverpool on TV:
These TV Channels are Showing This Match Live in Different countries.
- UK: Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Football
- US: fuboTV
- Live Score – Click Here
- Sevilla: CANAL+ Sport 2
- France: CANAL+ Sport
- Germany: Sky Sport
- Las Palmas: V Sport Jalkapallo, V Sport Premium
- Italy: RMC Sport, Sky Sport Football
Mainz manager Bo Svensson has a 29-man squad to choose from, and he will likely field two different sides for either half of the game. Under-19 stars Timothe Rupil and Ben Bobzien are expected to play significant parts in the match.
Mainz have no injury concerns going into Friday’s encounter.
The game comes too soon for centre-backs Virgil Van Dijk and Joe Gomez, both of whom are still recovering from knee injuries. They are making steady progress, and Reds fans will be hoping they return to action before the start of the league campaign.
Players involved in Copa America and Euro 2020 have been given a few days off, which could lead to Klopp tinkering with his formation and starting lineup.
Series: Pre-season Friendly 2021
Match: Mainz vs Liverpool
Date: Tuesday, 20 July 2021
Venue: Pride Park Stadium
Time: 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET/ 18:00 PST
For Live Streaming Go On FANCODE.COM
Mainz vs Liverpool HEAD to HEAD:
- Liverpool and Mainz have been pitted against each other twice so far. The Bundesliga team prevailed in both meetings.
- The last meeting between the two teams ended in a 4-0 win for Mainz.
- Liverpool manager Klopp led Mainz to their first ever Bundesliga promotion in 2004.
- Svensson has a higher win percentage with Mainz (45%) than did Klopp (40%), however.
- In Konate, Keita and Origi, Liverpool have three likely starters who were previously in the Bundesliga. Thiago, Firmino, Karius, Shaqiri and Matip have also played in Germany.
- Jean-Philippe Mateta and Robin Quaison each had a hand in a team-high eight Bundesliga goals last season. With both gone, youngsters like Ben Bobzien have a chance to shine.
- Mainz have not missed one of their last 25 penalties in the Bundesliga. Full-back Daniel Brosinski has scored eight of those.
- Mainz and Liverpool have met once before in friendly action, the 05ers picking up a 4-0 win in August 2016. Brosinski opened the scoring that day.
Probable Starting 11 Players:
Finn Dahmen; Jeremiah St. Juste, Stefan Bell, Moussa Niakhate; Dominik Kohr; Kevin Stoger, Leandro Barreiro, Jean-Paul Boetius, Daniel Brosinski; Karim Onisiwo, Adam Szalai
Adrian; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip, Rhys Williams, Konstantinos Tsimikas; James Milner, Naby Keita, Harvey Elliott; Sadio Mane, Divock Origi, Takumi Minamino
Get the Latest News, Hot News, Trending News, Educational News, Sports News, Entertainment News, Politics News and all news of the World on hotticket.live